If you’re familiar with the frozen beverage industry, you’re probably aware of all the benefits of starting a frozen beverage program in your own business. Frozen drinks are the fastest-growing segment in the beverage industry, and they are one of the easiest ways to increase profits, with minimal costs and a small footprint.
If you’ve already made the decision to invest in Frozen Beverage equipment, there are many considerations you will want to keep in mind when assessing which equipment vendor to partner with.
One of the most important considerations is how customizable your frozen beverage partner’s equipment is.
Why Equipment Customization is Important
Whether it’s counter space, performance, or branding requirements, it’s important to make sure that your frozen beverage partner can provide equipment capable of meeting all of your needs.
Every business is unique, and one-size-all solutions are rarely optimal. If standard, off-the-shelf equipment doesn’t fulfill all of your requirements, your frozen beverage program will not be as efficient as it could be, and your profit margin will suffer.
The advantages of equipment customization often outweigh the minor, additional cost. With equipment made to your businesses’ exact needs and specifications, you will be able to minimize costs and headaches, and maximize your sales and profit margins.
Frozen Beverage Equipment Customization Options
When selecting a frozen beverage partner, make sure to inquire about the following customization options:
- Capacity Options: Does your location get low, medium, or high amounts of foot traffic? Make sure your Frozen Beverage Partner offers equipment with the right capacity to meet the demand at your location. You don’t want to over-invest in equipment with higher capacity than you need, but you also don’t want to run out of product and lose sales due to equipment with capacity that’s too low.
- Size Options: Make sure to choose a frozen beverage partner that offers equipment in many different size configurations that can accommodate your store’s available counter space and layout.
- Product Variety: Consider whether your frozen beverage partner offers equipment that will enable you to swap out the types of beverages you can offer, without having to buy new equipment every time your consumer’s preferences change. Does your frozen beverage partner allow you to customize their equipment to serve a wide variety of refreshing frozen drinks, including carbonated and non-carbonated drinks, frozen energy drinks, coffee, tea, lemonade, alcoholic beverages, etc.? Do they offer equipment that can generate “multi-flavor” drink options? Do they offer different types of drink gas, including Nitro and CO2?
- Refrigeration Options: Make sure that your frozen beverage partner can provide the refrigeration option that is most suitable for your business. Frozen beverage machines operate with condensing technology that is very similar to what can be found inside other refrigerators/freezers. If your counter space is limited, you may need frozen beverage equipment with remote condensing. If easy installation and affordability are a high priority, self-contained condensing might be a better option. If durability and energy-efficiency are high priorities, you may want to choose water-cooled condensing.
- Appearance Options: Whether it’s the classic look of stainless steel, the versatility of black, or an attention-getting red, make sure that your frozen beverage partner can offer equipment with color options that fit your store’s unique branding, look, and feel.
- Merchandiser Options: Visual merchandising is one of the most important factors when it comes to getting customers’ attention and influencing their decision to buy. Be sure to select a frozen beverage partner that can offer equipment with eye-catching merchandiser options, such as illuminated flavor cards and indicator lights, tall or short merchandising doors, video doors that allow you to place eye-catching, video advertising directly on the front of the machine, and branded touchscreens that allow customers to select their desired flavor combinations.
- Dispensing Valve Options: There are many different dispensing valve options to choose from, such as domed or pneumatic, or propriety dispensing technology, such as FBD’s Dynamic Dispensing Valves or Side-Action Dispensing Valves. The differences come down to how often the seals require maintenance, how much product is lost due to dripping, and how much condensation and open force is required. Make sure to evaluate the pros and cons of each dispensing valve option, and select a frozen beverage partner who can offer the dispensing valve that best meets the needs of your business.
Choose the Frozen Beverage Partner that Offers Over 532 Unique Equipment Configurations
With over 532 unique equipment configurations, FBD Frozen can completely transform the interface of our machines, whether crew-served or self-serve, to meet your business’s exact needs and specifications.
FBD Frozen is trusted by 80% of the world’s frozen beverage retailers. We have the reliable equipment and responsive support team to help get your Convenience Store’s profitable frozen beverage program started today!
We work hand-in-hand with you to create a Frozen Beverage Program that addresses your specific capacity and footprint needs and meets shifting market demands. Whether dealing with seasonality, new technology, or changing market trends, FBD’s team of experts will help you adapt your frozen beverage program to maximize your margins.
Let’s Get Started Building Your Profitable Frozen Program Today!
Schedule a call to have one of our experts help you:
- Recommend the ideal products for your specific type of location
- Identify the right equipment and customization
- Estimate your ROI
- Provide an operations implementation plan including labor, maintenance savings estimates.